Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reflective Exercise and Qigong

3 posters

Go down

Reflective Exercise and Qigong Empty Reflective Exercise and Qigong

Post  Dave Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:52 pm

I thought I would start a thread about the Qigong class that some of us are going to,
for whatever anyone wanted to talk about.

So far, I haven't felt the pulse strongly, but I think I did get it vaguely a couple times.
I definitely feel a strong charged feeling in my hands and arms during the class and when
I practice on my own. I've started to feel it even without doing the moves, and throughout the
rest of my body. I feel this a lot more when doing Taiji and Bagua now too.

The meditation is a little difficult for me still; it gets a little uncomfortable and my mind
still wanders, but I think it's getting there.

I hope everyone else is getting a lot out of the classes with John too.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Reflective Exercise and Qigong Empty Re: Reflective Exercise and Qigong

Post  Courtney M Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:40 pm

Yeah..some of that sounds a little like me. Ive noticed now..since ive started practicing on my own i get the Qi sensations in my arms and in my hands..especially in these places even when im not practicing and jus going about the day. When i do simple things like take a deep breath or relax i feel it moving around!

I dont know much of the Enternal styles yet. And like you Dave i have yet to feel the pulse, or at least feel it with a 100% degree of certainty. While meditating yesterday i started to get a faint pulling/tingling/warm sensation at the verrrrrrry top of my head. After a few more minutes there was an exhilirating rush to the top of my body and especially head, it felt almost like a magnetic force and it was really warm. It was feeling like i'd never experienced before. Hopefully with more experience i can make this something more of the norm. haha
Courtney M
Courtney M

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteape Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:24 pm

Good feedback guys. It sounds like your both getting good results. I would guess you're both very close to getting the pulse moving in the central channel.

Whiteape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reflective Exercise and Qigong Empty Reflective Exercise and Qigong

Post  Dave Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:13 pm

I've been keeping up with the Qigong practice on my own (I've missed the last two classes),
and I think it's coming along pretty well. I practice almost every night, and also most mornings
(although it's a much abbreviated practice in the morning. I don't get up early).

I've been able to get the pulse most times in the dan tien now. It's still much easier for me
laying down. I also have gotten it in my forehead - sometimes I feel it here first, strangely
enough. I've felt it faintly and briefly in my chest as well.

I still don't get a sense of actually moving it up and down the entire path from dan tien to forehead, but I do get a sensation
of sorts on this path. It's almost as if I feel like there is a slight pressure along the line from dan tien to forehead.

It's been really enlightening so far. I must say I can tell I have much more work to do, but
I can start to see the rewards already. I hope it's going equally well or for everyone else.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down