Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Qigong vids.

2 posters

Go down

Qigong vids. Empty Qigong vids.

Post  Eryn Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:02 pm

Interesting vid Ted sent me. Shows a Qigong master nicknamed Dynamo Jack (not his real name) showing his Qigong skill through various examples. There's even a moment where the pulse is shown in his arm projecting it into someones body as a means for healing. I'm pretty sure this guy is the real deal, but I could be wrong. Looks and sounds real to me though:

Now this vid is inspirational. This man is 90 years old, yet has the gait of a young man: shows what Qigong can really do for your health.

Dr. Xu Weijun, who came here from China had an insightful piece of advice regarding the popular mentality of martial arts as a means for pushing the body when young to its limits without regard to basic health: "When we're younger you beat me, but when we're older I beat you". This video is a perfect example of that philosophy at work.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Qigong vids. Empty Re: Qigong vids.

Post  Courtney M Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:46 pm

Ummm WOW. I've actually seen the first video before. I think i talked about it back in class a few months ago. Typically im not swayed by that stuff but what i saw there felt a lil diff. Maybe it was the whole oath to secrecy kind of thing the Qigong practicioner had? I dont know but its def something that sparks interest and curiousity when it comes to Qi. Cant wait to get out there with you guys and John
Courtney M
Courtney M

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:32 pm

Yeah, that first vid is a little showy, though Mr. Chang admits to being a show off for the camera and tells the audience he's at fault for that. To a degree he admonishes himself for it, which is virtuous and admirable. The second vid is great, that man doesn't show off any fancy tricks and his lively health is enough to speak volumes for his practice. Good health in old age goes a long way.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum