Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Vid Shaolin Wushu/Qigong

2 posters

Go down

Interesting Vid Shaolin Wushu/Qigong Empty Interesting Vid Shaolin Wushu/Qigong

Post  Courtney M Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:52 pm

Sorry but i had to post this..these men are amazing and total inspirations! I like this particular vid and its documentary style. Motivation
Courtney M
Courtney M

Back to top Go down

Interesting Vid Shaolin Wushu/Qigong Empty Re: Interesting Vid Shaolin Wushu/Qigong

Post  Whiteape Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Just a cautionary note here. I agree that this is inspiring and spectacular to watch and some of the movements show some qigong internal skill, but the displays of hard conditioning are something aside from the internal control gained from neigong (= internal qigong) as we teach. The circus like techniques they are performing are more a reflection of hard conditioning of the body that can and will take it's toll on the body, particularly if you don't live the life of a monk and and don't know how to use qigong to help recovery. These tricks can be done without qigong. The skills we teach cannot be gained, to my knowledge, through any other means than qigong and will not have a detrimental effect on the practitioner if practiced properly. Some of the movements they show in these clips display what I am talking about, but the more impressive looking feats are something else.

Whiteape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum