Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring and summer classes.

4 posters

Go down

Spring and summer classes. Empty Spring and summer classes.

Post  Eryn Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:08 pm

I've decided to run classes this spring, summer, and some into fall until the weather gets cold again. Mondays and Wednesdays will be the days, and I'm thinking 6:00-7:30 will be the time. Let me know on here or on Facebook if these times jive with everyone, and if not what times do and I'll try to work a schedule where everyone can meet. I'll also do a monthly payment method this time instead of class-by-class basis: $70/month for unlimited classes.

We'll hold the class as we did before with warm-ups, stretches, then arm swings. Following that, we'll branch off to train our respective arts. I'll also teach optional Sanda, Shuai Jiao, and even beginner Brazilian Jiu-Jutsu lessons for those interested in adding a practical combative element to the forms. Also, I have a friend who has trained in Ninpo Taijutsu (Ninjutsu) which has some really fun sword work and elemental philosophy that draws some parallels to wushu, and I'll get him into teach around 3 intro classes to that art to everyone interested. Also, bring as many friends you all know who are interested in martial arts, getting fit, and having fun. I'd like to get a fairly sized group together to train with on a regular basis while the weather is nice this season.

Let's try to maintain a laid back, yet disciplined and focused class this time. I'll take it as my responsibility to keep the class in a smooth rhythm.

I have yet to determine the place of classes, but I'm scoping around. Since the weather's nice, I'll keep it outside and under an overhang. Greenbriar playground is a likely candidate.

I look forward to seeing everyone again and training regularly.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spring and summer classes. Empty Re: Spring and summer classes.

Post  Courtney M Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:26 pm

Sounds perfect. Tuesdays and thursdays won't work for me..but mon and weds are great. I won't be able to be there everyday every week, but a Monday every week should work. Guess ill do it class by class. Can't wait to see everyone again!
Courtney M
Courtney M

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:35 am

Cool, I think I'll go ahead and hold classes at Greenbriar like before. That overhang is great for when the weather isn't nice. When I hear from the others I'll decide on when to start classes.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spring and summer classes. Empty Re: Spring and summer classes

Post  Mark Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:55 am

Sounds good. I'm right in the middle of moving so its going to be a couple of weeks before Im settled but I'm interested in attending. Any thought to adding a weekend day to the schedule or just mon, wed?

Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:52 am

I'll probably just keep it to Mon/Wed right now. I might add a Saturday or Sunday evening class in the summer if most people were game for that.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:03 pm

I've decided to go ahead and add a weekend day into the upcoming schedule. Does Saturday from 6-7:30 work for anyone?
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wuxia_warrior Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:19 pm

That would work for me most weekends.

wuxia_warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:02 am

Same here. ...

Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:31 am

Cool, then we have a schedule. I'm planning on starting up the first week of may, Monday the 2nd.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:58 pm

I've decided to scrap the regular classes because of lack of dedicated interest. However, how about we meet on Monday, May the 2nd, and on Saturday, May the 7th? Let me know who can make these dates.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wuxia_warrior Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:28 am

Unless something changes, I can make the Saturday.

wuxia_warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Cool, then I'll plan on Saturday class. Hopefully others can make that time, and if not, maybe the Monday one. Does 5:30-7:30 work? I'd like to make it two hours since it's just this one time until the next scheduled class.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wuxia_warrior Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Any time is fine, really, though I don't particularly want to get up very early.

wuxia_warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Oh no worry, it'll be 5:30-7:30 pm.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Tue May 03, 2011 2:14 pm

This coming Saturday class of May 7th is cancelled. A friend of mine wants to have me teach at a new space near the downtown mall, so I'll go ahead and give you guys the heads up on what may end up being regular indoor classes.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:11 am

Eryn,

Any luck with the space? I am still interested in attending some sort of regular class..

Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:10 pm

So far no luck. I didn't get enough interest from my old students, and I couldn't find a decent space.

Recently I've been training with some friends in a bastardized version of Kendo, which we call Bokkendo. Basically, it's Kendo without strikes to the head and using a bokken wooden sword. We were all taught by a friend of ours that has a background in Ninpo Taijutsu, also known popularly as Ninjutsu. Right now we're discussing the idea of opening up a studio on the mall that focuses on teaching and training bokkendo, but I might also be able to use the space to teach separate wushu lessons--which I would invite you guys to attend. This is a year or so away though, so it'll be a while before any of this comes to fruition.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down