Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New space and classes.

2 posters

Go down

New space and classes. Empty New space and classes.

Post  Eryn Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:55 am

Hey everyone, I will be teaching classes again this fall at a new space in town. The slated date for the doors opening is October 1st, but we should give a week or two for finishing touches. The space is located right off of Carlton Rd, which is right off of Monticello Avenue. I'll have to get the exact address for the space, which I'll post here as soon as I can.

I'll be teaching classes alongside three other guys: a Capoeira instructor, Wing Chung instructor, and a friend who developed a training method called sticky arms which I have had you guys do in class. Each instructor will have certain time slots available in the space. So far my slated time slots are Mon/Wed/Fri from 6:15-7:45. I also may eventually run a weekly conditioning class where I have students who are willing and masochistic enough to go through my weighted calisthenics routine. Prepare yourselves Wink!

It looks like we'll have something pretty unique going on here and I'd recommend you all try to make it to classes. We still have yet to figure out the monthly rate scale, but we should have it finalized in the coming weeks. I really look forward to seeing you guys again.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

New space and classes. Empty Re: New space and classes.

Post  wuxia_warrior Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:00 am

Who's the wing chun instructor?

wuxia_warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Kiril Simov will the be the WC instructor. He's currently running classes at the UVa Chem building.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wuxia_warrior Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:07 pm

I thought he was graduating and leaving soon, like around October. Greg Farish I know has been running a lot of the classes lately. I trained with the group a few times, but I kept forgetting about it because it just didn't catch my interest.

wuxia_warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:25 am

Yeah he's still on track for that, but he plans on handing off the instructions to two other guys. I think he kinda wants me to teach it as well because of my background. I actually find it interesting training because it's sort of opposite to what I taught you guys, as it was designed to counteract the styles like taiji, baji, and particularly bagua. You can kind of see how WC drew influence from those styles too. The training is definitely different, that's for sure. I feel it complements the classical training of those internal styles well.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down