Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power generation through weapons training

2 posters

Go down

Power generation through weapons training Empty Power generation through weapons training

Post  Whiteape Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:13 pm

I mentioned to some of you in class that alot of the empty handed techniques in wushu and they way power is developed was derived from weapons practice. The type of training in this video is a great example of the power generation and the expression in the body I was talking about. I wish I had a long heavy staff like this (no snickering allowed), the room to store and use it, and the instruction in use of it, but I find ways to build power similarly and I do have a couple fairly heavy staffs that are shorter. Imagine his body without the staff and watch how he uses his stance to generate whole body power. Enjoy!

Whiteape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Power generation through weapons training Empty Re: Power generation through weapons training

Post  Courtney M Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:54 pm

Nice. I see what you mean by picturing his movements without the weapon! Every move is so crisp and to the point. He's good. I dig the staff specifically too..i'd love to learn how to use it one day, it looks so graceful but at the sametime very applicable and very dangerous haha
Courtney M
Courtney M

Back to top Go down