Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training session last Saturday!

3 posters

Go down

Training session last Saturday! Empty Training session last Saturday!

Post  Whiteape Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:08 am

Hey everybody, I just would like to follow up with some feedback on lessons from last Saturday. I wanna start by saying that I was undefeated in my matches at about 25 to nothing. I dispatched no less than 25 of my blood sucking foes with my keen senses and lightning quick strikes before they could succeed with their sneaky attacks. I made it 8 hours without a mosquito bite on me, but I think a few did get away.

Anyway, I thought the training went swimmingly despite my exhausted and overheated state for the last few hours. I would like to congratulate everyone on their progress and for being respectful and well controlled during the sparring sessions. I think everyone is using the skills gleaned from our training and all did well with looking at the situation, receiving feedback and assimilating it along the way. I hope everyone felt it was as productive as I did. It was great to see where everyone is at. I apologize for any near miss strikes to the throat and don't anyone worry about incidental thwacks to the jaw you may have delivered. The incidental contact was minimal and some is always to be expected. For some pointers across the board I'd like to remind you all to use your stance and foot work to keep your groin protected and make sure you're keeping yourselves guarded when you enter for attacks. Groin strikes may be illegal or considered dirty in some contexts, but all is fair in a real fight and letting your guard down when you attack can be very costly at full speed and power. The level of sparring we did is a great context to experiment with this stuff though. Keep up the good work guys.

Whiteape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Training session last Saturday! Empty Re: Training session last Saturday!

Post  wuxia_warrior Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:33 am

It was very enlightening. As for the groin openings, I practice a secret iron crotch technique that will break my opponents feet if they try to kick me there! (Just kidding, but it wouldn't be a bad idea.)

wuxia_warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:38 pm

There you go with the mind bullets again!

It is much appreciated for you to make the trip down - I'd like to see if a few of us could carpool up your way some time to keep it fair.
I was definitely happy with the session as well. It's been quite some time since I had a free form sparring session like that, and it's really
one of the best ways to learn, since it helps me get over one of my biggest weaknesses, which is overthinking my actions.

Thanks for all the help, and yes, sorry for the inadvertent couple of strikes I failed to pull at the last minute - although I must say you got some good throws in to even it out!

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down