Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baji contest video

2 posters

Go down

Baji contest video Empty Baji contest video

Post  Eryn Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:54 pm

This was a video Blake put up a while ago of two Baji players duking it out in a competition. I decided to re-post this clip because it has some great takedowns and really gets at the essence of how Baji can be applied in a fighting situation. The clothesline takedown at 0:15 should look familiar to those who have learned Baji. I'm also supplying the Cung Le/Shamrock fight because of the similarities between the two leg kick sweeps Cung performs and the sweeps performed in the Baji clip.

Eventually I would like for us to start sparring this way, albeit with chest and shin guards. I think in order for anyone to fully understand the principles behind these techniques, they must be applied in an everchanging sparring setting. Otherwise, the true understanding is somewhat limited.

Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Baji contest video Empty Re: Baji contest video

Post  Sean Wang the Drunken Mas Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:36 pm

very good words of wisdom. i will make sure to take these and apply them to my own training. that and the take downs in those videos were very well done. your far to talented at searching you tube my friend. kudos to you

Sean Wang the Drunken Mas

http://myspace.com/morrowend

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:51 am

Hehe, thanks Sean. Actually Blake (Whiteape) deserves the credit for the baji video, I'm just reposting what he posted a while back.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down