Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xu's Baji

3 posters

Go down

Xu's Baji Empty Xu's Baji

Post  wuxia_warrior Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Given that I have very little experience with Xu's baji, this looks very close to me:

wuxia_warrior

Back to top Go down

Xu's Baji Empty Re: Xu's Baji

Post  Eryn Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:59 am

Cool, other than a few small stylistic changes here and there it's pretty much the same form. It's interesting to see this teacher's spin on the form, he adds just a little more flashiness to some of the moves. I wonder if Xu created this specific Baji form or if he learned it from someone else?
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteape Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:08 pm

This form is actually the standard. I'm not sure if Xu had anything to do with that as he is close to, if not the, top ranked Baji practitioner in the world according to the Ministry of Sports. This is a decent, not great IMO, representation of the form and probably about as close to Xu as you'll find on the in'erweb. I think I actually posted this before on another baji video thread. Xu did not create this form as it is old, traditional Baji. He may have been an influence in making this form the standard and having it be stylistically similar to his. Wang's would basically be a different branch of the same style.

Whiteape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:57 pm

Wow. I knew that Xu was the top ranked Tongbei practitioner, but not a (the) top ranked Baji practitioner. I guess when at his level, you're regarded as top in many arts.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteape Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:56 pm

Yeah, I can't remember specifically which was which, but Xu is like 8th and 9th duan in Baji and Tongbei. 9th I'm pretty sure is the highest the rankings go. There are only a few people who hold rankings this high. Not to mention he was officially voted one of the 50 greatest masters of all time. He is surely quite highly ranked in Taiji, Bagua and Xingyi as well.

Whiteape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down