Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arnold Schwarzenegger on martial arts.

2 posters

Go down

Arnold Schwarzenegger on martial arts. Empty Arnold Schwarzenegger on martial arts.

Post  Eryn Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Was looking at Arnie's profile on imdb, came across a perceptive quote of his:

"I love the Hong Kong style of action movies, but that only looks good for small guys. The reason why the whole style was developed over there was because those guys were very puny guys - they're not powerful-looking guys, they're also not powerful guys. There's no weightlifting champion coming out of Hong Kong - maybe in the bantam division or the lightweight division or something like that, but normally you don't have really strong men coming out of there . . . they had to learn a technique that small people can do that are as effective as the big guy's strength. So that's where the martial arts came from."

...though, I think the average male height in China is around 5' 8", the average caucasian in U.S. around 5' 9" (wikipedia). Jackie Chan is 5' 8"ish, though Jet Li is somewhat short--around 5' 6". Arnie is 6' 2". These 3 according to imdb.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arnold Schwarzenegger on martial arts. Empty Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger on martial arts.

Post  Dave Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Haha - "those guys were very puny guys"

He does have a point though.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Arnold Schwarzenegger on martial arts. Empty Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger on martial arts.

Post  Eryn Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:27 am

I thought the "puny guys" remark was funny too. Some might actually take offense to that... classic Arnold.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down