Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apartment martial arts

3 posters

Go down

Apartment martial arts Empty Apartment martial arts

Post  wuxia_warrior Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:51 am

In our Saturday practice, Blake and I talked about how power can be issued more softly in Chen taiji at times and I've gotten to wondering, does the same hold true for baji, or do you lose the quintessence of it and end up training yourself to do it the wrong way? As an apartment dweller (which I'm hoping will change this year) and given the cold outside, I haven't been practicing the baji like I want to. Is it okay to do softly, or should I stick to sneaking it in at work and other places when no one's around until it warms up?

wuxia_warrior

Back to top Go down

Apartment martial arts Empty Re: Apartment martial arts

Post  Whiteape Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:08 am

The same holds up for baji IMO. I would actually encourage people to take more slow and soft time with baji, but all in all there has to be some hard training there if you want to progress with baji.

Whiteape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:23 am

I have this same dilemma sometimes. I'm on the second floor of an apartment so I know I'd be driving the neighbor's downstairs crazy
with Baji, so I train at home more for memorization purposes, then use other locations for the power expression.

Home is great for Taiji though, at least Yang style. No need to worry about waking the downstairs dwellers with that Smile

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down