Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weitao not doing wushu?

2 posters

Go down

Weitao not doing wushu? Empty Weitao not doing wushu?

Post  wuxia_warrior Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:55 am

I've heard through the grapevine that Weitao has stopped doing wushu and is in the wing chun club at UVA. While I have no problem with the joining the WC club, he can't stop wushu! He's too good to stop. Someone needs to talk some sense into him.

wuxia_warrior

Back to top Go down

Weitao not doing wushu? Empty Re: Weitao not doing wushu?

Post  Eryn Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:06 am

Hmmm, I'd have a hard time believing he stopped doing wushu altogether (although, wing chun is a style of wushu). I didn't even know UVA had a wing chun club. Maybe we could all go over there together and challenge them (hahahaha).
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wuxia_warrior Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Actually, it seems I know half the people in the club. I had to stay late at work Wednesday and ended up running into them and so I stuck around for a little bit and went today. (They meet in the chemistry building.)

Weitao was there Wednesday, said he stopped wushu because he was getting "too old." I don't think he's old enough to be thinking like that yet. *I* am too old. Also Greg Farish from Laughing Dragon was there, and one other surprise guest. Rob McMurray showed up.

Today Ken was there. I never met Ken in person before, but I've e-mailed him. Chris Goodbar had said he wanted to refresh on baji and told him I knew it and so I e-mailed him with Blake's and Eryn's info. He trained with John in the past.

It's actually really difficult to stop habits I've been purposefully building up over the past several years. They don't seem to use whole body power for punches and I keep moving more than just my arms when punching. It seems so strange to me to localize like that now.

I might go some occasional Saturdays just for an interesting aside. The price is right, anyway (free).

wuxia_warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down