Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TaijiQuan Combat Applications..

3 posters

Go down

TaijiQuan Combat Applications.. Empty TaijiQuan Combat Applications..

Post  Courtney M Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:56 pm

Here we have a video showcasing possible combat applications for Taiji. I have only seriously begun to learn about and further understand chinese martial arts since i started training with Eryn and Blake. In the time since ive started i understand that Taiji has great restorative capabilities, but it's role in fighting has been pretty elusive to me. For many reasons sure, someone even told me that masters from China want to keep the true power of Taiji hidden from the world..yeah. Its not hard to grasp that its technique calls for using ones own energy against him, the idea of which i absolutley adore haha. But i came across this vid and i found it pretty interesting and i wanted to share it.
Courtney M
Courtney M

Back to top Go down

TaijiQuan Combat Applications.. Empty Re: TaijiQuan Combat Applications..

Post  Eryn Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:11 pm

This video has some great taiji applications. My favorite part is the two older men doing push hands in the park. Interesting to know that one of these teachers was a wrestling champ in China.

It is true that the martial elite of China are keeping the true art of taiji from everyone, but it's not the actual fighting/self-defense aspect of the art. They are keeping the true internal component away from people, that component being AMQ (acupuncture-meridian qigong). Without qigong taiji isn't nearly as potent an exercise than with it, and even the self-defense aspect is affected. I'm sure most of these teachers know AMQ. John was lucky in that he went to China in the eighties when AMQ was being taught a bit more widely to the public. Now it really isn't taught to China's public, much less foreigners. We are the lucky few who have had the opportunity to learn from someone who got the real thing from the source. Someone who learned the real thing, willing to teach it publicly--that's quite a rarity.

Thanks for sharing.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteape Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:24 am

Here are some good apps and commentary.

Whiteape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Courtney M Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:34 am

Good Lord! Shocked The practicioner in white straight up owned that guy! Simply amazing!
Courtney M
Courtney M

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:28 am

Love it. Great stuff!
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down