Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

back flips and wall runs!

2 posters

Go down

back flips and wall runs! Empty back flips and wall runs!

Post  Sean Wang the Drunken Mas Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:43 pm

I really love doing Wushu. I love the meditation self disicpline and even the health benifits, But there is one small problem i have that makes me look so incredibly horrible at it i almost can stand myself. I can't do full front flips and i cant do any sort of a backflip. i am so terrified any time i try a back flip i lock up or my body just doesnt get enough momentum to do so even if im on a trampoline. I can do front flips but i can land on my feet i get about half way through it and i just fall to the ground and slam on my back. recently i fractured my tibea so wall runs and even kicks or running in general kills my right ankle. i know i need to run more to recouperate it but it just takes so long that if i were to start doing that it cuts back on wushu practice. is there a way i can teach myself to do flips and ways to recouperate my ankle without having to do one or the other. id like advice on this because i cant decide.

Sean Wang the Drunken Mas

http://myspace.com/morrowend

Back to top Go down

back flips and wall runs! Empty Re: back flips and wall runs!

Post  Whiteape Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:06 am

Sean Wang the Drunken Mas wrote:I really love doing Wushu. I love the meditation self disicpline and even the health benifits, But there is one small problem i have that makes me look so incredibly horrible at it i almost can stand myself. I can't do full front flips and i cant do any sort of a backflip. i am so terrified any time i try a back flip i lock up or my body just doesnt get enough momentum to do so even if im on a trampoline. I can do front flips but i can land on my feet i get about half way through it and i just fall to the ground and slam on my back. recently i fractured my tibea so wall runs and even kicks or running in general kills my right ankle. i know i need to run more to recouperate it but it just takes so long that if i were to start doing that it cuts back on wushu practice. is there a way i can teach myself to do flips and ways to recouperate my ankle without having to do one or the other. id like advice on this because i cant decide.

You don't need to do back flips. It's great if you can or really want to and teach yourself/learn how, but it really is neither here nor there if you can do that or not when it comes to wushu. It is gymnastics. A flip has never won a fight that I know of. You will be best served IMO to take it easy and let your ankle heal and if you can get back to training for flips later then great. Do more stretching and low impact strengthening exercise. Taiji is great for this, but you need a teacher first. Running will not help this heal. When it is healed, running is good for you in general, but it only tends to put extra stress on injuries. Be smart and listen to your body.

Whiteape
Admin

Back to top Go down