Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mantis form

2 posters

Go down

Mantis form Empty Mantis form

Post  Dave Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:55 pm

Is there a tao for mantis?

Is there just one mantis form that you guys teach or are there more?

I'd love to learn this - I'm wondering where you usually fit it into the progression of
learning longfist.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Mantis form Empty Re: Mantis form

Post  Whiteape Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:54 pm

Dave wrote:Is there a tao for mantis?

Is there just one mantis form that you guys teach or are there more?

I'd love to learn this - I'm wondering where you usually fit it into the progression of
learning longfist.

I was just taught one form as corollary wushu training. I was taught a few basic moves and aplications, but no formal tao. I do however practice single moves across the floor. Creating a tao is not difficult and while I'm no mantis expert, I do feel I understand the form pretty well and can use it with some real mantis flavor, probably not as much as I would if I trained the mantis style as a whole. It is a fun form to practice and one of the one's I am pretty good at from what I'm told. I don't think I would take the time at this point in my training to delve further into the style, but I'm glad I have this small piece for what it's worth. I usually teach other forms like this one as an option after completing three longfist forms and usually some staff or sword in there too, but that's not as important to me.

Whiteape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum