Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life after Charlottesville

2 posters

Go down

Life after Charlottesville Empty Life after Charlottesville

Post  wuxia_warrior Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:13 pm

This place has been quiet. I've been down in NC since August. No good kung fu places nearby, just a couple MMA type places around that I have no interest in. Recently had a couple classes and signed up for a Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu (ninja stuff) class once a week about forty minutes away. Also joined a meetup group on Saturdays in Raleigh for German longsword training. Met a guy there this weekend who does Stav, which I had never heard of, but is a Norwegian staff (and some axe) style based on runes and stuff. I was trying to talk him into having a group meet right after the longsword training.

Otherwise I'm just trying to get the house organized and doing the teaching chemistry thing. If anyone wants to come visit and train in my nice yard, just let me know. I've got to get back into some kind of regular routine. Anything new with anyone else?

wuxia_warrior

Back to top Go down

Life after Charlottesville Empty Re: Life after Charlottesville

Post  Eryn Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Hey Jason, figured I'd answer and inject some life into this silent forum. School and new gf have me pretty busy. I'm still in Cville for the time being, but I'm not sure how long. I'm hoping to get an IT internship next Spring, so not sure where that will send me. And, given the IT market in Cville, I may have to move elsewhere to work. I'm hoping I can eventually find a job here in town. My gf lives in Staunton, but may be moving to Cville after her daughter graduates high school in 1 and a half years. So... things with me are kind of uncertain as to where I'll be living next year or the year after. Would be cool to see you sometime if you ever come back here, we could bust out some Bagua and Baji.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum