Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jackie Chan Vs. Benny "The Jet" Urquidez

3 posters

Go down

Jackie Chan Vs. Benny "The Jet" Urquidez Empty Jackie Chan Vs. Benny "The Jet" Urquidez

Post  Courtney M. Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:02 pm

In the movie Wheels On Meals..The Legend Jackie and 6 time Kickboxing Champ Benny Urquidez go toe to toe in this scene. I think its pretty amazing. Jackie was a beast in his prime!

Courtney M.

Back to top Go down

Jackie Chan Vs. Benny "The Jet" Urquidez Empty Re: Jackie Chan Vs. Benny "The Jet" Urquidez

Post  Eryn Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:39 pm

This has to be one of, if not the greatest choreographed fight scene of all time, its brilliant in so many ways and a true work of art. Especially love when Urquidez kicks the candle flames out with his kick, truly awesome. Jackie was 29 or 30 when this was filmed and The Jet was 31 or 32, right in the prime of their careers. The athleticism these two bring to the table is inspirational.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jackie Chan Vs. Benny "The Jet" Urquidez Empty Re: Jackie Chan Vs. Benny "The Jet" Urquidez

Post  Courtney M. Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:02 pm

Oh yeah. You can tell these two men are proficient in their own respective arts. I LOVE it when Jackie Flips over The Jet's Sweep kick and the follows it with a sort of Leg Drop/Split. The kind of athleticism i know i can obtain workin under you Eryn! haha. I think it's a good demonstration of the potential hard work can bring. This is def one of my fav fight scenes in any movie!

Courtney M.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:57 pm

This really has everything. So great.

My favorite part is at :45 with the simultaneous kicks - knocking each other down. But Jackie is up so fast and he just slams the Jet.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:15 pm

The more I watch this the more it motivates me. I would love to eventually make a few short skits/fights including some of you and maybe some other talent in town. There's a california based stunt group that I remember from way back when, they were really good and gave me ideas for what I could do here; here is their link to their website: http://www.zgmain.com

I think if you guys put in the time and energy into getting better at Wushu we could make a pretty awesome skit. Keep working at it, you can get there.
Eryn
Eryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum