Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bajiquan Jian

2 posters

Go down

Bajiquan Jian Empty Bajiquan Jian

Post  wuxia_warrior Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:18 am

Blake mentioned that he would have liked to learn Wang's baji jian form. I looked at my Wu Lianzhi VCDs (I have his like eight baji VCDs) and I really don't care for the straight sword form. I don't see what's baji about it, and the whole thing just doesn't impress me.

The only youtube hit I got for baji jian, I also don't really see what makes it baji, but it looks neat anyway.

wuxia_warrior

Back to top Go down

Bajiquan Jian Empty Re: Bajiquan Jian

Post  Whiteape Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:34 pm

I'm really no too sure about Wang's form, but it seems much of Baji has absorbed the Kun Wu sword as part of their curriculum. Without doing too much research, I think this is a northern longfist type form that has just been baji-ified. I think you'll generally see that when it comes to weapons in CMA, there isn't as much distinct variation in movement as compared to empty hand forms. As I've said before, Wang's baji, longfist, and taiji all seem to overlap a bit and it is apparent between his longfist and taiji sword forms even though the longfist is more of a performance variation. I'd imagine his baji sword to be somewhere in between the 2. I don't know about the video you posted. I have a feeling it's just a modern creation perhaps based on kun wu.

Whiteape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteape Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:45 pm

I found this too. Not sure if Kun Wu means Pure Sun or if this is related to that form, but it looks different off hand and the caption says it's baji's pure sun sword form.

Whiteape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteape Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:13 pm

Wow, I found this very enlightening (ha ha) article that references kun wu and pure sun swords seperately. I find the part that says, "...wrap the brain therefore unable to compose ties the head up...", to be particularly poignant and pretty much says it all about this article and fencing.

"Various art of fencing drilling , must achieve acting in responses about , magical shape anastomosing , intention power-in-one, elegant and unconventional , limpid as lucid and lively , quiet as place son slim and graceful, moves a brand if you once have no way seeming the floating dragon dance, is like flying phoenix. Since the sword is pair of edges, wrap the brain therefore unable compose ties the head up , wind the back winding a middle waiting for action. Do not hold a target of sword, may hold be that the sword points to (namely the forefinger , middle finger puts close together hold out straight, the others three finger injustice holds, law , the body-move skill act in close coordination on thumb injustice being controlled in nameless nail), with the sword.

Common art of fencing series of skills and trick in wushu , etc. has: Taiji sword, very much, second swords , Wu Dang swords , the Kunlun Mountains swords , Kunwu swords , Emei Mountain swords , three only sword , San He sword , Qi Xing sword , the Eight Immortals swords , eight swords , thirteen swords , Damo swords, exchange the back sword , silk and cotton fabric robe sword , pure sun sword , Jin Gang Jian , God in the East worshipped by the Taoists sword , green duckweed sword , the rainbow sword , dragon shape sword , dragon and phenix sword , curled-up dragon sword , mantis sword wait swiftly."

Whiteape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wuxia_warrior Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:15 pm

!!! I am now a Daoist Immortal, having read that. I can defeat any opponent just by thinking of the sword.

wuxia_warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum